A lot of people have major problems in their lives because of low self-worth, this is a very important topic to discuss.
Firstly let’s talk about where this is coming from, it starts from your childhood, your parents treat you in a certain way or compare you with other people or your relatives treat you in a certain way or you a teacher or your friends, all these things sort of start building up inside you and eventually it creates a problem of low self-worth. So if your parents are telling you that this kid is better, he is doing better or he’s more creative so on and so forth. All these things are making you feel that you are not worthy of love, you start looking for approval from other, you start thinking that you won’t get anything good in your life, or you don’t deserve anything in your life or you start seeking attention from places because you want all of that which your parents ever could give you. This is the reason whenever you go to the therapist, the first thing that they do is they ask you how your childhood was.
It’s very important to acknowledge and accept that certain things might have happened in your past because you put it up inside because of having all these issues in your life right now. So, it’s important to understand that from here on keep those things aside, don’t blame anybody from your past, your parents are not perfect, other people are not perfect, everybody makes mistakes. They were doing the best of their ability. So not blame anybody and also do not blame yourself too. And let’s move on from yours and become better people.
Things which low self-worth people do:
- They try to please other people a lot
- They are very insecure about themselves
They’re people who cannot take people talking bad about them, it starts affecting you a lot and you can’t sleep over it and you want to give explanations to people about yourself and change their opinion about you, you don’t dare to be disliked. The fear of missing out is your friends are going out or doing things and enjoying their life. You sort of feel less about yourself, you won’t feel confident about what you’re doing and you want to do those things which you don’t even really want to do, it’s just because other people are doing it. You just have low self-worth or you feel.
Building yourself up
- Firstly you need to acknowledge all the good things about you, write down all of the things which you feel good about.
- Keep a gratitude journal that will help you understand what are all the good things in your life, it will always help you see all the good stuff even when the bad things are happening because you need to understand the bad things when they happen, it’s always like a learning experience. So bad experiences are always good, they are there in your life, you can learn from them.
- Thirdly you need to cut out the negative people, people from your life, get out of the cheating relationships, throw people out of your life, who makes you feel shit about yourself, unfollow people from social media who are not good for you, who cannot learn anything from them, you have to get rid of all of this. So always better have few friends, even if it’s one friend then be around with the people who don’t make you feel bad about yourself. And it’s always good to follow people, you can learn something from them, that it helps you grow as a person.
- It is important to have your own opinion, understand who you are so that you can say no to people when you don’t want to do things. To find out who you are, what’s your purpose in life, what are the things you like, what are the things you don’t like.
In the end, I would like to say that you have to work on being a complete person. The only thing which is going to help you is to understand that you can be your best friend and do all the things on your own, enjoy your company and if there are things you don’t like about yourself then work on them, understand where the issues are coming from and solve them.
It’s better to be disliked for who you are than to be like who you are not.