The State Government held a high-level meeting in the city on Saturday to discuss Plans for the 10-day long festival that begins on August 22 this Year.
Every year, this festival has been the epitome of social brotherhood, piety, joy and sharing. It involved huge pomp and gaiety.
Conveying a strong message to pandal organizers, the government is said to have suggested that mass gatherings be avoided, including music and dance performances that encourage crowds to gather.
Telangana DGP Mahendar Reddy, deputy chief minister Mahmood Ali, education minister Sabitha IndraReddy were also part of the meeting.
Ganesh Utsav Guidelines For Telangana
1. Everyone is urged to celebrate the festival at their homes, avoiding public gathering.
2. Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority to procure and distribute 80,000 clay idols.
3. Processions, cultural shows and idol immersion in lakes are strictly banned for safety purposes.
4. There is a cap on the maximum idol height at 4 feet, while the idols at home cannot be taller than two feet and should be eco-friendly.
5. Everyone is advised to follow the rules strictly and maintain social distance use mask, etc,.
Stay Home Stay Safe